We help prepare your waka for your journey
Te Pūheke gives you the tools to navigate your journey of Te Ao Māori.
So many times we have heard colonial discourse that negatively impacts Māori.
- I am not Māori enough because I have blue eyes
- I am not Māori enough because I have never been to my marae
- I am not Māori enough because I can’t speak Te Reo Māori
Te Pūheke was created to change these narratives to
- I am proud of my Māori whakapapa
- My tūrangawaewae lives inside of me
- One day I will be able to speak the words of my tūpuna
Te Pūheke connects communities with Te Ao Māori to develop authentic cultural understanding.
E whakatopa ki ngā whetū, ki konā koutou tiaho mai ai.
Ascend to the distant stars, and from there, let your perpetual light shine.